Tuesday, July 16, 2013

baby blues

I’m not sure where that term came from, but can I blame my crappy mood this week on my pregnancy too? That’d be great, thanks. I don’t know if it’s this winter that will never end, something about having whacked hormones, the hour less of sleep we got, the body that I don’t recognize anymore, or just the plain ‘ol daily grind, but I have been in an undeniable funk these last 3 days.So, inspired by my friend Cindy, I would like to make a Favorite Things List, right here, right now, in my gray-fabric-walled, fluorescently-light cubicle. These are things in my life that make me smile, in no particular order:1. Feeling Baby Move – Dan felt him through my tummy last night for the first time, what a wonderful thing.2. Exorbitant amounts of fruit – blueberries, mandarin oranges, strawberries… anything Costco sells by the truckload, really.3. My Husband – nuff said.4. Our Church – Women’s retreat this weekend, so excited!5. Warm baths6. Caribou Chai Tea Latte – and/or anything warm and frothy served to me in a cardboard cup with a sleeve.7. Candles – Yankee, to be specific.8. Our puppy9. Baby Clothes – I just want to squeeze them!10. Listening to my ipod – Phil Wickham with one earbud in on repeat all day*Deep Breath* Thanks, I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment